CS6511 CASE TOOLS LABORATORY
LIST OF EXPERIMNENTS:
To develop a mini-project by following the 9 exercises listed below:
1. To develop a problem statement.
2. Identify Use Cases and develop the Use Case model.
3. Identify the conceptual classes and develop a domain model with UML Class diagram.
4. Using the identified scenarios, find the interaction between objects and represent them using UML Sequence diagrams.
5. Draw relevant state charts and activity diagrams.
6. Identify the User Interface, Domain objects, and Technical services. Draw the partial layered, logical architecture diagram with UML package diagram notation.
7. Develop and test the Technical services layer.
8. Develop and test the Domain objects layer.
9. Develop and test the User interface layer.
SUGGESTED DOMAINS FOR MINI-PROJECT:
1. Passport automation system.
2. Book bank
3. Exam Registration
4. Stock maintenance system.
5. Online course reservation system
7. Software personnel management system
8. Credit card processing
9. e-book management system
10. Recruitment system
11. Foreign trading system
12. Conference Management System
13. BPO Management System
14. Library Management System
15. Student Information System
At the end of the course, the student should be able to
Design and implement projects using OO concepts.
Use the UML analysis and design diagrams.
Apply appropriate design patterns.
Create code from design.
Compare and contrast various testing techniques
LIST OF EQUIPMENT FOR A BATCH OF 30 STUDENTS
Suggested Software Tools:
Rational Suite (or) Argo UML (or) equivalent, Eclipse IDE and Junit Software Tools 30 user License Rational Suite Open Source Alternatives: ArgoUML, Visual Paradigm Eclipse IDE and JUnit PCs 30.
To gain more knowledge about hardware and software click here