operating systems lab syllabus
The student should be made to:
Learn shell programming and the use of filters in the UNIX environment.
Be exposed to programming in C using system calls.
Learn to use the file system related system calls.
Be exposed to process creation and inter process communication.
Be familiar with implementation of CPU Scheduling Algorithms, page replacement algorithms
and Deadlock avoidance
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS:
- Basics of UNIX commands.
- Shell Programming.
- Implement the following CPU scheduling algorithms
- a) Round Robin b) SJF c) FCFS d) Priority
- Implement all file allocation strategies
- a) Sequential b) Indexed c) Linked
- Implement Semaphores
- Implement all File Organization Techniques
- a) Single level directory b) Two level c) Hierarchical d) DAG
- Implement Bankers Algorithm for Dead Lock Avoidance
- Implement an Algorithm for Dead Lock Detection
- Implement e all page replacement algorithms
- a) FIFO b) LRU c) LFU
- Implement Shared memory and IPC
- Implement Paging Technique of memory management.
- Implement Threading & Synchronization Applications
For further syllabus, notes, video materials and question papers visit kprblog.in
Mail your Feedback/Queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more knowledge visit tricksout