Isometric Projection of Prisms
Draw the isometric projection of a hollow rectangular prism of base 50mm x 40mm (outside), height 75mm abd thickness 8mm when its xis is horizontal.
Solution for isometric projection of prism:
- See fig 1. Draw the orthographic projections of the hollow prism.
- See fig 2. Draw the Isometric projection of the rectangular prism.
- Mark X and X1 such that DX = AX1 = Isometric scale length of 8 mm (thickness).
- From X and X1 draw isometric lines X X2 and X1 X3 respectively parallel to AB.
- On X X2 locate two corners of the rectangular hole on the isometric line X1 X3 and complete the isometric projection of the hollow prism as shown in fig 3.