Isometric projection of Cone
Sample problem: 1
Draw the isometric projection of cone of base 40 mm diameter and height 58 mm when it rests with its base on HP.
Solution for Isometric projection of Cone:
- Fig 1. Draw the orthographic projections of the cone.
- Enclose the circle in the top view in a square pqrs.
- Draw the rhombus PQRS using the isometric Scale.
- Draw the base of the ocne as an ellipse by Four centers (Approximate ) method.
- From B and C draw lines parallel to isometric axes and obtain O1 (offset method).
- From O1 draw a line parallel to the third axis.
- On this line mark O such O1 O = isometric length of the height of the cone.
- From O draw 2 tangents to the ellipse and complete the isometric projection of the cone.